Most Frequent Questions
- Why is the listen live stream not working?
We are sorry to hear you are having issues with the live stream.
Here are some things you can do that might help you to fix this issue:
1. Check your Internet Connection. You can stream via Wi-Fi or 3G/4G.
2. Make sure your browser is compatible with the George FM website.
Our currently supported browsers are:
Mobile / Tablet - Android 5.0+
Latest 2 versions of:
Latest 2 versions of:
- How can I contact George FM?
Text: 966 (Texts cost 20c)
Phone: 0800 364 367
Level One, 105 Ponsonby Road
PO Box 47664,
- How do I get the George FM app for iPhone?
Just head to the Apple app store on your device, search for ROVA and install the app - it’s 100% free.
If you have multiple devices, you will need to download it on each of them.
Depending on the device you are using, you may first have to update to the latest version of iOS.
Apple app store link: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/rova-stay-tuned/id538271751?mt=8
- How do I get the George FM app for my supported Android device?
Just head to the Google Play store on your Android device, search for ROVA and install the app - it’s 100% free.
If you have multiple devices, you will need to download the app on each of them.
Google Play store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mediaworks.therock&hl=en
- Why cant I see George FM on my Internet Explorer browser?
Unfortunately Internet Explorer is not a supported browser. Give Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox a try if you haven't already.
Login and personal information
- Can I update my email address?
Not at the moment sorry.
If you are now using a different email address, please create a new MediaWorks ID.
We will look at providing this ability to change your email address in the future.
- How do I delete my account?
If you decide to delete your account, please e-mail your request to email@example.com and ask for your account to be deleted.
- How can I reset my password?
If you have forgotten your MediaWorks ID password, you can easily reset it by going to the log in page of the ROVA app or on georgefm.co.nz.
On the georgefm.co.nz website, first click on the LOG IN link located at the top of the page, then click the 'Forgotten Password?' link below the password box.
On the ROVA mobile app, simply tap LOG IN on the homepage, then tap 'Forgot your password?' at the bottom of the screen. If you would like to reset your password and are already logged in, you can do so from either the website or the mobile app.
On the website, click the EDIT PROFILE link at the top of the page, then click Change Password at the bottom of the form.
On mobile, tap the cog icon at the top of the screen, then tap Edit profile. Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and tap Change Password.
- Why does MediaWorks need my personal info?
We need your information so we can better communicate with you and ultimately provide you with more content we know you'll like. It's also to help improve our advertising service.
Advertising is a feature of the George FM as it enables us to make the shows available to you for free. Knowing who you are means we will be able to show you advertising that is more relevant to you.
- How do you share my personal information with companies other than MediaWorks?
- If you give us permission when you register for a MediaWorks ID, from time to time we may share some information with carefully selected third parties to provide you with offers that might be of interest to you.
- What personal information do I need to give you when I sign up?
- We'll only ask you a few basic details to set up your MediaWorks ID such as your gender and year of birth.
- Is my information safe and protected?
Yes, we keep your information safe and protect it from any unauthorised access. We use a specialist outside service who use best practice encryption and other security practices to hold and keep your data secure.
Only a small group of people at MediaWorks will have access to your personal data.
- Will you post on Facebook on my behalf?
We'll never post anything on Facebook on your behalf.
When you log in using Facebook, we only gather your basic profile information (name, email address, gender, year of birth and profile picture) to create a MediaWorks ID for you.
- People using the Safari browser can’t login to enter competitions.
If you’re having trouble logging in with the right email and password combination, then check the Safari browser settings. Make sure you’re allowing third-party cookies and are not preventing cross-site tracking.
These can be changed by opening Safari then going to the bar at the top of your screen and choosing Safari > Preferences > Privacy.
If this doesn’t help then try another browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
George FM on your radio
- What are the George FM frequencies?
Auckland 96.6 FM
Hamilton 107.3 FM*
Tauranga 107.4 FM*
Wellington 104.5 FM
Nelson 95.2 FM
Christchurch 106.9 FM*
Dunedin 100.6 FM
Queenstown 96.8 FM
Freeview Channel 70
*Low frequency, your radio may not pick them up everywhere in this city