Finally, something I can say I have 20+ years experience in...
Casting agents for the upcoming Lord Of The Rings TV series are on the hunt for people who are short of teeth, have wrinkly skin, and/or have unusual amounts of body hair to play the role of orcs and goblins.
If that sounds like you, you could be headed for stardom as the Auckland-based casting crew put the feelers out.
In a post on their Facebook page, they are looking for...
- Short people under 4 foot 12
- Tall people over 6 foot 5
- Character faces, wrinkles and lots of them please :-)
- Androgynous men and women
- Hairy hairy people of all ages and ethnicities
- Tall, Long Lithe dancers
- Circus performers who can juggle, stilt walk!
- Stocky mean-looking bikers
- Eurasian people of all ages.
- Hispanic - Latino, Mexican, South American - HOLA
- Red heads all ages, shapes and sizes.
- HAIR HAIR HAIR - if you natural red hair, white hair, or lots and lots of freckles.
Head to the BGT website for more info and to apply if you fortunately - or unfortunately - meet the criteria!