Diplo has restraining order granted against him in revenge porn case

music news 20/11/2020

An LA judge has granted a temporary restraining order against Diplo in a case involving a woman who claims the DJ and Producer posted a sexually explicit photo of her as an act of revenge porn.

The accusers lawyer has requested the order on Nov 13 which demanded that Diplo stop posting photos of her client, identify the people he sent them to and remove any images that he published.

Diplo is required to halt posting the explicit images unless he's given written permission and to remove any pictures previously posted.

“We are pleased to announce that by an order dated November 16, 2020, the Court ordered our requests ‘all granted’ and the restraining order issued,” Bloom said.

Diplo's own lawyer told NBC in a statement that the woman in question "has been relentless in her harassment" of Dilpo, his family and his friends.

"There is a mountain of evidence as to why her outrageous claims should not be believed — and we look forward to having our opportunity to present them to the court," Freedman said.

Freedman said in an earlier statement that Wesley had “in no way violated the law."

“He has repeatedly made it clear that he wants nothing whatsoever to do with this person — and simply needs her ongoing harassment of his family to end,” Freedman said.

Court documents state that the pair met  in the summer of 2014, when she was 17 and he was 36. Several years later the pair began exchanging sexually explicit images and had an intimate relationship.

After other women shared their bad experiences with Diplo, the women said she realized that he "preyed" on people like her.

She then began sharing their history on social media, alleging that he recorded them having sex even though she told him not to. He later hired a private investigator "to scare me into not speaking out on the disgusting details I know about him," the documents say.

"This was an act of revenge porn," the woman said in the declaration, adding that she became "an emotional wreck" afterward who was "shocked, embarrassed and ashamed."

A hearing on a permanent restraining order is scheduled for Dec. 8.