2020 has seen a bunch of bad news regarding flying due to COVID-19, but here's some good news!
Qantas is selling 1000 of its drink trolleys, stocked with alcohol such as champagne and wine. Other items such as Tim Tams and pyjamas are being sold with the trolleys too, but we know you clicked on this cause you're interested in the alcohol.
Qantas executive manager of product and service Phil Capps said:
"These pre-loved carts served Qantas and our customers well during their world travels from London and Los Angeles to Singapore and Santiago, with each one averaging around 2000 flights. While we no longer have use for them, they still have life in them, especially for those with an appreciation for aviation collectables and an eye for design."
From Newshub, here's a full run down of what the Qantas 747 half bar cart features:
- A Qantas 747 half bar cart – used (not new)
- 40 x 187ml bottles of white wine (equivalent to 10 standard 750ml bottles)
- 40 x 187ml bottles of red wine (equivalent to 10 standard 750ml bottles)
- One bottle of Champagne from the Business class cellar
- Two Qantas Business Class amenity kit featuring ASPAR Travel Essentials
- One Sheridan throw made exclusively for Qantas First Class made of 100 percent combed cotton
- Two Qantas Business Class sleeper suits M/L & L/XL (suitable for most shapes and sizes)
- 5 x light weight plastic drawers used (not new)
- 1 x sleeve of Tim Tams
- 1 x sleeve of savoury biscuits
- 1 x bottle of champagne
- 1 x packet of smoked almonds 200g (first class)
If this sounds like a bitta you, then you'll need anywhere from $1000 to $1600 NZD to purchase one.