In what could be the most oddly familiar news we’ve quite possibly ever heard, a Dunedin man has crashed into a post after scoffing down some chips while driving.
The multitasking man was driving in Great King St about 5pm on Tuesday while enjoying his McDonald’s when the chip became lodged in his throat, Constable Nick Turner from the NZ Police told the Otago Daily Times.
According to the news story, he actually passed out and crashed into a signpost before being taken to the hospital as a precaution, but it doesn't sound like anyone was badly hurt.
Look, staying safe on the roads is no joke, but we just feel so incredibly seen knowing how many times we've had one-handed hoon on some hot Maccie's fries while behind the wheel.
It’s almost the complete opposite of the whole “you must always blow on the pie” meme that’s been around for years - everyone knows you can’t reheat those fries or you’ll be left with a soggy, floppy disappointment.
The advice from the cops was to always pull over to guzzle down your greasy treats rather than attempting to multitask while controlling a 2-tonne metal death machine
Maybe next time you treat yourself to a cheeky fried combo, just eat it in the car park, you know, like the rest of us who don’t want to tell our flatties that we’ve eaten takeaways for a 4th time this week.