Petrol prices in Aotearoa are a huge ceebs at the moment. So, we thought it would be pretty nice to have a list of the cheapest gas stations in the country.
Since the taxes were added back on the fuel on July 1, the 91 petrol has increased to the $3 mark for many places in the country.
And if you were curious about which place in the country has the cheapest 91 petrol, then here's the list you want to check out.
As of today's (22.08.23) updated prices, here's the rank for the cheapest petrol stations across the motu, according to Gaspy website.
- NPD Washdyke, Canterbury with $2.56 per litre
- NPD Redruth, Canterbury with $2.56 per litre
- Pak 'n Save Papamoa, Bay Of Plenty with $2.57 per litre
- Waitomo Timaru Fuel Stop, Canterbury with $2.58 per litre
- Pak 'n Save Hastings, Hawke's Bay with 2.57 per litre.
And here are the top four expensive petrol stations in the country at the moment:
- Allied Glacier Motors Franz Josef, West Coast with $3.13 per litre.
- Mobil Reefton Motors Reefton, West Coast with $3.11 per litre.
- BP Connect Waihi, Waikato with $3.10 per litre.
- BP 2go Whakapara, Northland with $3.09 per litre.
Mike Newton, Gaspy Director, revealed that the national average for the 91 petrol has increased by "almost 23 cents".
"The past month has seen significant increases with the national average for 91 now sitting at $2.87, an increase of almost 23 cents," Mike Newton told Stuff.