The Silver Scrolls finalists are in and they're all women!
Five female musicians have been named as the finalists for the coveted APRA Silver Scroll award.
Not surprisingly, pop megastar Lorde has made the list again for her hit 'Green Light', and she's joined by fellow previous Silver Scroll winner and Kiwi music veteran Bic Runga, who is nominated for 'Close Your Eyes'.
The top five is rounded out by Los Angeles-based Chelsea Jade for 'Life of the Party', Lyttelton's Aldous Harding with 'Horizon' and Nadia Reid of Port Chalmers for 'Richard'.
The all-female line-up is a first for the 52-year-old songwriting award.
Wellington's Thomas Oliver beat the likes of Tami Neilson and the Phoenix Foundation to land the scroll for his song 'If I Move to Mars' last year.
Silver Scroll finalists:
- Bic Runga - 'Close Your Eyes' (writers: Bic Runga and Kody Nielson)
- Chelsea Jade - 'Life of the Party' (writers: Chelsea Jade Metcalf and Leroy James Clampitt)
- Aldous Harding - 'Horizon' (writer: Hannah Topp)
- Lorde - 'Green Light' (writers: Ella Yelich-O'Connor, Jack Antonoff and Joel Little)
- Nadia Reid - 'Richard' (writer: Nadia Reid)
The award ceremony for the prestigious prize will be held in Dunedin on September 28.