Tinder dates gone well. Shit this was unexpected. You went to a cool garden bar, had a couple drinks. Yarns weren't awkward. She's into video games. You ask her to come back and play the new Crash Bandicoot... *cough* you mean play with your DICK.
You're making out. Things are escalating. We're getting handsy. She's making some sort of moaning sound. You take off your shirt. She takes off her pants. Woah. Yes. Shit.
...You don't wanna kill the mood, buuuuuut...
"Have you got a condom?"
"Nah, I'm on the pill."
That wasn't what I asked girl-I-met-3-hours-ago-from-Tinder-and-now-I'm-fingering-in-my-bedroom...
Fuck it. And we're in.
Sound familiar? Maybe it was worse? Just a "pull out bruh, condoms suck"? Well mate, you're not alone.
Durex has released a study revealing only 23% of Kiwis use condoms regularly. Ranking us the third worst country for condom use, tied with the UK.
The study, which surveyed 500 adults across NZ also found 25 percent of Kiwis didn't even use contraception when they lost their virginity.
As a result, Durex is launching it's first ever Sexual Health Month in New Zealand, which starts TODAY.
Dr. Peter Saxton, Senior Researcher at Auckland Uni and an executive member of the New Zealand Sexual Health Society said, “Conversations about sexual health still carry stigma in NZ."
"We need to have more open communication around sexual health in NZ and equip sexually active individuals with easily accessible tools, strategies and services to protect each other.
“New Zealand faces major challenges against STIs.”
Eeek. That doesn't sound good.
Statistics from the Durex 2017 Global Sex Survey Summary showed:
- Only 23% of sexually active people in NZ use a condom on a regular basis
- 25% of New Zealanders did not use contraception when losing their virginity
- 78% of New Zealanders have had sex education
- 34% of New Zealanders want more sex education about contraception
- On average masturbation is seen as more acceptable in New Zealand than it is globally (73%)
- 57% of New Zealanders believe it is acceptable to have a same sex partner (57%!? The fuck is that guys...)
- The global average age that the population loses their virginity is dropping. The global average is currently sitting at 17.4 average
- 46% of people feel more attractive as a result of a good sex life
- Japan is the least sexually satisfied country, with India being the most satisfied
- The average length of sex (including foreplay) is 32 minutes
READ MORE: The Pickle Rick condom is probably the greatest Kickstarter idea of all time